Apis Biologix BIO-CONTROL is the first (and only) formulation of phytochemical, phenolic, amino acid, vitamin and phytohormone profiles naturally present in floral nectar that have been independently research verified to produce beneficial effects at the population, colony and individual level of analysis.
It’s been called “Rocket Fuel” by Ian Steppler.
Apiary performance and disease management through improved nutrition.
The Apis Biologix Bio-Control is designed to be added to your favorite sugar syrup or liquid feed supplement to fill in the nutritional gaps and provide a much more complete bee food. There is a corresponding bio-nutrition product for pollen supplements called bio-activator as well.
Proline, the number one bioactive ingredient in Bio-Control, is the most dominant amino acid in floral nectar, pollen, worker/royal jelly and the body tissue of the Honey Bee. It’s also the most sought-after, and utilized nutrient of Honey Bees, second only to carbohydrates. Honey Bees even have the ability to taste it which stimulates feeding behavior. It plays a vital role in immune defense and increases cold hardiness.
The intended use of Apis Biologix Bio-Nutrition is to provide a meaningful nutritional support program that can be employed during high stress situations for improved operational consistency and ‘Control’ over season to season variability. While the respective quantities of the bioactive elements are less in comparison to the macro elements of the honeybee diet, their impact on the growth and immune status of the colony is significant in the following applications:
- Building Population
- Winter Preparation
- Nutritionally Depleted Conditions
- Pollination Events
- Nutritional Support For Queen Rearing
- Mobilizing / Transport
Apis Biologix BIO-CONTROL specifications:
- Contains aspartic acid, serine, glycine, histidine, threonine, proline, tyrosine, valine, isoleucine, leucine, phenylalanine, lysine, glutamic acid, arginine, alanine, methionine, gamma aminobutyric acid (gaba), phenolic profile, ascorbate, and phytohormone profile
- The concentrations and proportions found naturally in floral nectar.
- Net weight 0.8 Oz (22.7 grams) OR 4 Oz (113.5 grams) (depending on the size pack purchased)
Instructions for use as a honey bee feed sugar syrup additive or bee liquid feed additive:
- Add 1/4 tsp [bio control] per 3 Gallons of mixed sugar water – following your established. feeding (spring / late summer / fall) schedule
- Premix weighed portion of [bio-control] into small amount water with a common blender to make a slurry
- Add [bio control] solution to sugar syrup & mix well
- As we do not use chemical stabilizers or preservatives in these products – mix fresh before each use
- This package will make 53 Gallons (200 L) OR 264 Gallons (1000 L) of final syrup solution (depending on the size pack purchased)
Suggested Equipment (not required):
- Common Blender
- Scale in Milligrams